We’re always looking for brilliant new fiction clients here at Northbank, across a wide range of genres, and from new and established novelists from all backgrounds. Read on to get a taste of what we’d love to see in our submissions inbox at the moment.
- Thrillers set around a court case, but with a real focus on the human stories behind the trial – in the vein of Anatomy of a Scandal or You Don’t Know Me by Imran Mahmood.
- Vivid, unforgettable settings, whether that’s a claustrophobic thriller set in a small town, or a rich, hot setting like Elena Ferrante’s Naples – something that whisks you away and immerses you in another place and time.
- Smart social commentary – books that reflect the concerns of a particular place and time, how things go wrong, and what people do to survive; but also hope and love – impactful human stories that unfurl in unseen corners of the world.
- A fun twist on a concept that hooks you in from the very beginning, like Bella Mackie’s How to Kill Your Family or Money Heist in book form.
- Intense feelings – a new love story for the ages.
- A real puzzle of a crime novel – a cryptic crossword in book form, but make it fun and fresh.
- Friendships and families – a gut punch of a story with characters that stay with you long after you close the book.
- Strong, confident voices and ambitious storytelling.
To submit, send the first three chapters of your novel along with a cover letter and synopsis to email@example.com.